Friday, May 20, 2011

A rough day, but some good news


Well, today was a ROUGH day for poor little Gracie.  She slept in Grandma's arms from about 3am-7:10 when I woke to rush to get ready for her appt today.  She was not a happy camper and was really pretty miserable on the drive and then getting her vitals was quite the ordeal.  I had them give her the ativan to calm her before they drew the blood since she was getting a dressing change for the PICC line anyway ( which she does NOT like) they have to rip all the tape off her arms and her arms are very sensitive and turn bright red.  Then we had the IV chemo (Vincristine) and finally got the diaper rash cream we have had to work so hard to get from insurance/pharmacy.  Stats for the day!

ANC-1600!!!!!!  (YAY, I was shocked to see it.  Up from 300, yep amazing!)  Although it will drop again with the next big dose of chemo. 
Hemoglobin: Steady at 8.5
Platelets: 261,000
Weight: 33 lbs 11 oz (yep we only gained 11 oz in 3 days, the lowest yet thanks to the applesauce and a few other healthy things we have managed to sneak into her few foods of choice and our limiting her american cheese-just ask her there is no food better than processed american cheese she even made up her own sign for it-which she uses pretty much all day every day!)


Watching a movie and getting her nails trimmed with Dad last night.

Her precious blanket, she's actually crying right now because it's in the washer.  Her little comfort throughout it all.

Signing "please" for some cheese after her chemo.

A brief happy moment right after all the bad chemo and tx was over for the day!

So her levels are looking pretty good right now.  She's still not feeling well at all from the steroids and really seems TOTALLY miserable most the time.  So hopefully in another week and half she will be a little more back to normal with how she acts and feels.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that week and a half goes fast and she starts to feel a little better. Oh and I love your cute belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smartie. Making up her own signs! :)

    These family pictures are very sweet. I love both the one with Gracie and Dad and especially the one where I can see your cute baby bump. Your family is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Cheese, huh? Steroids do crazy things to people! Glad for the good news, sorry that it comes at such a high price. How are you & Todd holding up? I can't imagine how exhausted you must be! (lisa smith - colorado)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea
    I'd be happy to take the blame of getting her hooked on American Cheese...It was worth it..
    At least she finds a little joy several times
    a day eating cheese.
    I sure miss kissing those round little cheeks a
    thousand times a day.
    Love you
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete