Here are some pictures from our Sunday walk on Father's Day
Gracie and Dad
She's staring down the ball in a neighbors yard, she wanted it SO bad!
Pulling apart the flower we picked
Feeding the ducks
Eating the ducks bread! She still doesn't like bread...unless shes' supposed to be feeding it to the ducks!
He is so involved in everything that happens with her and is very protective of her. I think he goes a little crazy on clinic days when he's at his rotations and doesn't get any type of decent update from me until it's all done and we're home, or he's home. And as soon as he gets home, her face lights up and if he tries to escape her for a second to shower or change she is not happy! He's the kind of Dad that actually likes to get down on the ground and play as much as she does...and that is how we got our Daddy's girl! Most the time he's home is dedicated to being a great Dad! He takes her outside to play and swing or chases her around the house. Then of course he usually feeds her and offers her drinks as often as possible these days ( to keep her from being dehydrated), and yes he even changes her chemo diapers(something I don't think you could get him to do for anyone else) almost all the time he's home. In fact Sunday-yes Father's Day I realized at the end of the day I hadn't changed a single diaper, and not a single complaint from him! Although once I realized I felt a little guilty for slacking on Father's Day, but true to his nature he really truly didn't mind a bit. There's a million more reasons why we're so lucky, but we'll leave it at that! We are just so grateful to have such an awesome Dad and husband and such fabulous grandpa's for Gracie!
Gracie has an awesome Dad AND Mom!
ReplyDeleteTodd worried for nothing when baby Gracie was first born. :) I remember him telling me stories about him not knowing how to take care of an infant. Look now, he worried for nothing; he is a wonderful dad to her.
ReplyDelete