Well the good news continues...so I posted a cute video of Gracie walking all by herself yesterday and playing outside to counteract the negative feelings I have for tomorrow. Actually the compute spent the last 2 hours trying to download the video and has found no success as of yet so I quit trying. If anyone has advice on how to upload videos on here I would gladly accept!
Anyways, the hospital called a couple hours ago to inform us that her checkin time for surgery was 11:00 am ...Ok 11 we've done that before but actually surgery is at 12:30. The woman that called wanted me to start Gracie fasting at 5 am just in case the Dr was ready for her a little early...yes I'm sure that the Dr will be ready an hour and a half before scheduled and surgery will actually start the second we check in downstairs before even making it up to the surgical floor. Thank heavens for our fabulous oncology dr's and nurses that actually care about Gracie and try to make things as good as possible instead of just checking her off as another patient that needs to follow protocol. Hopefully this will be the only surgery needed not done on the oncology floor. So after a lot of talking I convinced that woman that Gracie didn't need to start fasting until 6:30 am and that she could have clear liquids until 10:30 instead of 9 seeing as Gracie was the Dr's first scheduled surgery of that day and he would be in clinic all morning and most liking having his lunch break right before coming into surgery and knowing Dr's like I do now he wouldn't want to leave lunch early to surprise his first scheduled surgery of the day by being an hour early. So tomorrow we dread...another long day of fasting for Gracie and a little bit of a scary surgery for us-the long list of risks they gave me was enough to make my stomach churn and make me scared enough to know I would never let them do this surgery if it wasn't the only option for continuing these life saving treatments. So tonight I'll try to enjoy my last few moments of happy Gracie before an awful morning and a painful afternoon and next few days from her incisions. Her sweet innocence gives me guilt knowing what she doesn't and having no way to prevent it.
She has actually been eating some fruit again! Yesterday she ate some peaches, watermelon and a few slices of a clementine! Here she is enjoying her watermelon and her cute water bottle!
Here is a typical face for her these days. It's about all we saw on steroids and now it's either this or smiling and laughter! Seems to be more smiles than scowls, but there's not much in between :) And despite the look on her face she does LOVE our new stroller!
Smiling back at Dad during out walk! We just love our Gracie Girl!
Such a little doll! We all love her.
ReplyDelete