Sunday, April 8, 2012

8 months/15 months

April 5 has come and gone.  Tyson hit his 8 month mark!  He's sweet as can be.  So handsome and starting to get up on his knees and think about crawling but lacks the arm strength...won't be long before he's stronger than me though:)  He's a big, tall handsome boy.  We love you Tyson!
Gracie adores him and gets him laughing uncontrollably it is definately a moment in time I want to freeze and stay in forever.  If I could choose something to surround me for eternity that would probably be it listening to the two of each other giggling like crazy at absolutely nothing! 



Gracie is down to 15 months of treatment left.  Sounds short and long at the same time just depends on who I decide to compare my life to...which I try not to do but I start to feel guilty when it seems so long and I realize a good friend won't be done for 3 years.  It's all a matter of perspective but I'm grateful to count down every day and try to have faith and not fear the future.  Easier said than done especially for a cancer Mom or Dad. 

Look how long here hair is getting.  It's really coming in and feels like we actually have to wash it now.  Crazy!  She's enjoying a few hair bows/bracelets from an easter package from Gma and Gpa Hurst and Julie.  She LOVES hates and seems detests headbands.  Not sure why but I guess we all have our likes and dislikes.  I actually think she gets a bit of comfort from her hats.  Glad for anything that gives her comfort.  We went out in the backyard to swing and went down the slide many times this past week!!  Fun fun!
Oh and Todd and I went out of town to look at a job this past weekend.  Hard to believe it doens't feel real but I've told many people my emotional response to change and difficult things seems delayed a few months now due to inability to process everything.  So I'm sure I'll be moved and maybe have a friend or two before I can fully digest whatever happens:)  Crazy life!  Nice to get away for aday or two even if it was mostly driving and doing "interview" stuff. It was my first night away from Tyson and my first night away from Gracie to other than when she was in the hospital or sick and I went somewhere to sleep for the night to survive.


5 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures. I can't even imagine doing what you are doing. Bryan's is much easier than Gracie's. I wish we could do something for you. Know we love you and pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be looking for a job! That seems soo far away for us haha! Gracie looks adorable with the pixie hair! Like Tinkerbell, and Tyson will be a heart breaker no doubt! Good luck with everything! We love you! Keep me posted on where you are "interviewing"... Cleveland...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, if you & Todd are doing the job search now, I'd be happy to send you things that come up around Ft Collins. I'm not sure if you want to move with all your cancer docs & such there, but if you do...
    I saw this posting for the new hospital in Loveland, 10 minutes south of Ft Collins. It's absolutely beautiful & top of the line. http://pvhs.org/body.cfm?id=745

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 months?!? I WISH!!!!! We STILL have over two years. Her hair is looking SO cute! It seems to be coming in so fast. Carter was on Amoxicilin for 10 days and his hair started to fall out again. eek! It didn't fall all out and he still has TONS of hair but still, I called the clinic in panic mode. :) Hope the steroid thing gets better. The last two months Carter hasn't really been eating on them... strange. Reactions are always changing. What did you think of my ideas? Were any of them new to you?

    ReplyDelete