Sunday, April 29, 2012

Month 5 of Maintenance- clinic

Well of course clinic was this week...and due to my 1 year post it got put off.  We went to see Dr. L on Tuesday and sadly little Gracie threw up on the way.  Seems to be a new thing she does with more frequency than she or we like.  The poor girl, as we were driving on the freeway and it was just Gracie and I and our last event of pulling over was AWFUL I used my calmest, sweetest most comforting voice and told her it was ok and she didnt' have to throw up anymore and many other such attempts to avoid pulling over before our arrival.  She was amazing and made it without throwing up more than once. 
Her counts were PERFECT!  I'm so thankful.  I think she's never going to just endure the port access without at least a little fight, but I can't blame her I'm 25 and still hate it!  And i have had nowhere near the trauma she has.  Maybe it's more of a good thing than bad, hopefully she'll always stand up for herself and what's important to her and not just get walked all over :)  Either way she's amazing, beautiful and as always I can't express what an honor it is to be her mother. 
Clinic Stats
WBC: 2400
ANC: 1200
Hemoglobin:12.1
Platelets: 274,000
Weight: 36 lbs (a few oz)
Height: 3 ft 1 and 1/8 inches according to the nurse :)  As they said she's starting to grow in height in maintenance even though she only grew maybe an inch or less through all of front line treatment.
Of  course I had my nice list of questions for the Dr to answer, which she did.  It's our new routine... a month is a long time to go without seeing the Dr for us, but I personally love it.  Even though we love our oncologist. 




1 comment:

  1. A little 4-year-old in my ward also has leukemia--theblackham.com. Thought I would share their website in case you were interested. Praying for Gracie!

    ReplyDelete