Sunday, July 1, 2012

We're Here!

Well, we're here!  We've moved, at least our stuff is in boxes all over the place in our new house that I am now trying to clean so I can unpack boxes:)  At least packing and getting out of the other house and unloading the truck is over.  Our new ward was here by 7:45 am and had the truck unloaded in a flash!  Seriously seemed like half hour.  Maybe 45 minutes.  All very friendly and nice.  So I'm sure we'll like it here, but in all honestly I am a little bit homesick tonight (or maybe more than a little) for both Forest Grove and Utah.  I guess I have two homes now...soon to be three.  Right now our new house is a house but soon it will be a home I'm sure and I won't want to leave all the friends I will make here,
The weekend was rough to say the least.  Our kiddos didn't much like all the packing (or rather I should say boredom for them) and cleaning and driving and on and on.  You know whats even better than moving with young kids?  Having to worry about getting the 2 1/2 year old full about an hour before you get to new home because she's already behind on her chemo schedule even though both kids have had it from six plus hours of car(of course including stops).  Sometimes it seems all we're doing is trying to force Gracie to eat so she'll get full so we can not let her eat and force her to eat again 3 hours before bed.  Manageable on a schedule but of course both kids have been way off.  Just over a year and we'll be done with our nightly chemo!  Oh and luck of all luck (I'm sure just my body telling me it's done) I ended up sick last night.  So I'm happily sitting here with a mask to protect my kiddos.  Let's hope they don't get it.  All we need is a trip to the ER with a fever our first week here! 
Anyways hopefully I'll post some pictures in the future of the house as for now it's in no way picture ready!
Here's to a good week! 

2 comments:

  1. we miss you guys! I hope you get feeling better soon and that your kids stay healthy! wish we were there to help you get the house ready! good luck with everything and tell little gracie hi from livi! we will definately miss our park days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you got sick! I hope you are feeling better. You need to call the RS pres and get someone to help you clean your house and unpack. Or I can call her. I have always felt so alone, lost, and isolated when I move, so I know how homesick you feel.
    It gets better with time, it's just hard while you wait for the friendships and familiarlity to develop. Call anytime. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete