Monday, January 21, 2013

A day in the sun!

Just read a quote that summarized the truth of motherhood.  "you can never be ready, you can only be wiling"  I'm grateful now despite the challenges that although I would have never deemed myself ready for what was ahead almost 4 years ago when I got pregnant with Gracie, I was willing.  And moments like last Friday are the payoff for being willing!  We got two adorable, wonderful children we wouldn't trade for the world and after a long time of really not going anywhere we decided it was time to start to slowly remind ourselves what normal life is and took a day trip to redding.  We had a great time in the beautiful, sunny warm weather! It was at least high 60's so heaven compared to the cold we were used to.  Truly the ideal weather! We were even tempted to stay once we got there but hadn't come prepared for it.  We spent the day outside doing what kids love to do!  First we took them to sundial bridge they loved walking across it and running on the paths then we went down to the Sacramento river and they had a great time throwing rocks into the water.  There was a cute little boy that was nearby most the time and he kept talking about a grumpy troll under the bridge it was pretty funny and Gracie kept asking about the troll.  His grandma suggested kids kingdom a very fun park the kids loved when I asked if she knew of a good park.  So we stopped for a potty break and pizza then headed to the park.  They loved playing around and Gracie while standing on top of a rock in a pretend waterfall area put her hands on the sides of her mouth and yelled "stop being so rough" to some older boys on the other end over and over.  Maybe i should have stopped her but I was far to busy laughing and enjoying the moment.  She then put her hands on her hips and said to us "hmmm, maybe they can't hear me, I better get closer".  She has gotten so funny and makes funny comments like this multiple times every day I'm trying to remember the good ones.  We went for a walk up the hill then had a race Tyson on Todd's shoulders and Gracie on my back down to the car and had a picnic before her 3 hours of no food for chemo.  Then when Dad was ready to go (he probably knew the kids would get tired and grumpy) he was kind enough to stay and enjoy some soccer the kids loved it and I wasn't ready to leave the warmth until the sun started to come down.  It was a wonderful day and in my opinion well worth the 5 hours of driving in one day.  In fact we just might do it again a time or two.  I'll have to add pictures later.  Sure love my little family!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful day for sure. You guys sure did deserve it and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so great! Good for you guys! Love how funny Gracie is, kids are hilarious ha! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete