Monday, July 25, 2011

another treatment down...

Well my birthday wish came true today!  Gracie passed counts...oh and also I didn't go into labor while at clinic:) I guess that's two birthday wishes so it looks like my birthday has been  a success!! 
Today went pretty well with clinic...my very concerned husband decided either he needed to come with me or I should find someone else to go with me in case I went into labor or something crazy with all the false labor I've been having this past week.  Well despite my regular nightly crampiness and my morning wake up call of crampy contractions around 5 or 6 am I did not go into labor...although it was nice to have the help and the company.  I had planned on going alone, but compromised because otherwise he would have come to clinic which would leave me home alone with Gracie til about 10 tonight so he could make up his hours.  So thank you Jodi for saving me again...I think it's only 1 million favors I owe you now!! 
Clinic Stats
WBC: 3.8
Hemoglobin: 11.5
ANC: 1.1
Platelets: 544,000
Weight: 31 lbs 1 oz
Height 2'9.5"
And all her chemistries looked good which means her liver and kidney are doing fine! YAY!
Well getting her port accessed was better this time but certainly not fun she still hates it so bad...but this time I requested another nurse to help hold her down and had them get several dressings ready in advance to speed up the process and we only ended up needing two large dressings instead of about 6.  The childlife specialist came in and brough her a doll to draw on and pretended to "access" the dolls port then let Gracie play with the syringe and pretend to give it medicine, etc.  Yes this is about the only circumstance a pregnant mother would let her 21 month old toddler draw on a doll with permanent markers:) Luckily it ended with only a few marks on her hands on none on our clothing or anything else besides the doll!  Here's a picture of the end result!
Although they took the needle of the access so we could take it home and she can safely play with it. 
We spend a little time trying to chase her around with her chemo but after realizing we weren't as quick as her and a few close calls we headed back to our area and tried to distract her with a movie.  Only after playing for an hour or so while waiting for her blood results.  Here's the sweet angel laying down for a few minutes to enjoy some cheese on her bed.

You'd never know she was accessed and just had her blood draw right underneath that little shirt and blanket.  When I look at this girl all I can think is she is my hero!  She's totally amazing!
Of course we finished up and got in the car for a good zonk out as is now tradition after clinic and she is sleeping soundly in my bed right now!  Yes I think she deserves to sleep in my bed after enduring all she does...poor thing couldn't stand to be put in her crib but I enjoyed a nice snuggle with her and I'm sure I'll rejoin her in another minute!  Hope we pass counts next time as they have dropped each time with the increased dose they give at each visit.  But luckily so far we've been blessed with passing each time. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh hooray! She is amazing and so are you! I am so glad you had a good birthday with the not going into labor and what not. I have been thinking about you constantly since we talked last, please bless you have him on a very nice day when you have family in town and Todd home from school. That's what I'm praying for you! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly is a sweet little angel, just as you are her sweet angel mommy!

    ReplyDelete