So after Halloween and her birthday came our cold splash of reality (although there were a few moments mixed in between with reality). Clinic! She did great fasting thankfully because she failed counts so new treatment.
Clinic Stats
Weight: 33 ish lbs
Clinic Stats
Weight: 33 ish lbs
Height : 2 feet 11 inches- she looks taller to me lately
ANC: 400 (reason she failed it has to be 750- the last set of chemo really wiped her out it's been 3 weeks since she's had anything).
Platelets: over 400,000
Hgb: around 11.
We go back Tuesday to try again. Quick story I wasn't expecting to pass b/c I knew there was a chance she wouldn't so I prepped for it forgetting that scheduling another sedation could be a challenge. Took the news well and Wednesday got a voicemail saying her sedation was scheduled for 4:00 pm the next Tues. Arrival 3:00 sedation 4. I tried to remain calm and thought maybe it can be changed but freaked out inside. Can you imagine NO LUNCH for a child and NO NAP! That would mean she couldn't eat from 10 on and she wakes around 9. So breakfast and then then she usually takes a nap about 1:30 or 2! Haha that would be when we would leave for clinic 2 and then she'd have 2 more hours before her sedation. YIKES! This sedation thing can be a stressor for sure...so I immediately called the oncology clinic and asked them to please keep calling sedation in hopes for a cancellation. Bless Sally's soul! She called back the next day and said she wanted to kiss the sedation person she talked to because they got it changed to 10:30! Oh such a blessing esp since even after she fasts we don't know if she'll pass counts and therefore it would have been possible for her to go without naps and lunch just to get to clinic and find out she failed counts! I told Sally I could kiss her and felt MUCH happier that day! Also nice to know we are going to a clinic where they feel to a degree how we feel...she wants the best for Gracie to instead of just telling me no I can't keep calling because that's a pain in my neck! Grateful for such great staff that are helping us on our journey...esp since I'm sure their job isn't always the easiest...but hopefully rewarding.
A picture of a "normal" hour where we went and played and ran in the leaves! She loved it and so did I! And Tyson slept happily in the stroller! Got a few looks like what are you doing crazy lady with 2 small kids in the street (we were on the side of the road). The answer we were just making a lasting memory and experiencing pure joy! Worth the stares I think!
These little things remind me so much of Gracie (not sure what they're called) but she has always LOVED to hold them shake then and blow them. Hope her wishes are coming true!
No comments:
Post a Comment