So I'm slow at posting...too many big events in a short time! Leading to a roller coaster of emotions in this mother. So we'll just give the high points! Our SWEET GRACIE GIRL is 2! I hear people say all the time that they can't believe it's been 2 years for some reason it does feel like it has. It feels like it has been exactly two years. The time has flown at times and gone slowly others! But I feel like we have taken the time to enjoy the little things and althought the last 6 months have been a challenge she has been a light in the darkness for our family (along with Tyson...what can we say we love our kids). Her smile, laughter, dancing, personality are so contagious and she can get us all dancing and laughing...she did last night!
A picture of her bee cake that my amazing friend toiled over...I have the best friends in the world! I think it turned out great and Gracie loved playing with the bees!
She took all the bees off and played with them...of course while dressed in her bee costume (thanks to my amazing sisters for finding the jackpot on that costume...it was perfect...and after a few hours of being terrified of it she decided she LOVED it).
We decided we would try to have a party...pictures of all the guests are included! Haha...it involved Gracie, Tyson, Mom and Dad! Thankfully she's not old enough to know that every single guest besides her family ended up sick (oh except one of my friends that stopped by for a minute...she did cry when they left, I think she's missing the social interaction she hasn't had). We did our best to have the best day and party for her despite no guests and please anyone reading this that couldn't come know that we are very grateful to you for not passing on your sickness just sad that because of her leukemia anyone with even the slightest sniffle should stay away. We had cake, opened a few presents then went for a drive and ended up at Pacific playing in the leaves and running/walking up and down the stairs over and over again. I think she enjoyed it!
Her new wiggle car...doesn't work too well inside...we'll have to get some good use of it in the spring outside!
She has been shoving her blanket in her mouth...and her hands and fingers and looking at us...and not stopping...and not stopping and...you get the picture. Lets just say with a neutropenic child and germaphobic parents there is not much if anything that could cause more stress and anxiety. Thankfully no fevers yet. But lots and lots of anxiety. And LOTS and lots of effort to pretend like we don't care..seems like the best plan of action. Doesn't seem to work too well, nothing does. She has gotten a little better over time though. Of course she decided to start this the week of her birthday and Halloween.
Sunday morning we woke up to this!!! Magical huh! Gracie opened her curtains and found it herself..and kept saying "bear, pooh, heart" It was perfect for her! We still don't know who did it...I guess that makes it even more magical! Thank you a million times for whoever it was that made her day and mine! I feel like i want to give her the world because I'm her mother and all the hard things she's going through...so thanks to all those who are helping me do that...or doing it for me! (including her Daddy who she absolutely adores)
We got her dressed and went out to play!
Back in for some breakfast...candles in her toast!
Wouldn't be a meal if she didn't dump out her drink on her tray and slurp it up!
Opened another gift!
And ended our day with a walk to look for "moster"-monsters. Then some more cake...yes we did share some of it!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE DEAR! We are blessed beyond measure to have had 2 wonderful years with you and to be ancipating many more. Something at one point I did wonder if I would have. You are one of life's greatest treasures in mommy and daddys's eyes!
Ah, love the picture with her aqua-colored sweatshirt and boots with her hood on. My favorite little girl.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Gracie!! I got all teared up when I saw the surprise in your yard. And also, that cake is incredible!! Love ya, Annie.
ReplyDelete