Sunday, December 4, 2011

As of late...

I've been too tired and busy lately to get much blogging in...so in order to catch up I'll just quickly go over highlights!
Gracie had clinic this past Monday.  I know I'm a week behind tomorrow is Monday and i'm just posting about clinic.  Her ANC was 1700 so she passed counts and we only have 2 more treatments left in this phase.  He said things went pretty well but not much detail to share since I'm the detailed one out of the two of us and I wasn't there so I'm going off his description.  Her other counts were about the same as the last visit and her weight bounced back up to 15.2 kg.  Not long after they got home we experienced one of the world's LARGEST dirty diapers.  It was oozing out the sides of her diaper and pants...sorry for the gross image.  We don't know why but seems anything that's bad can happen after clinic...maybe the extra fluids they gave her/chemo?  We'll never know for sure.  It was pretty upsetting to her though...sad to watch.  We stayed on top of her zofran good enough I guess b/c we didn't have any throwing up this time.  She goes back Thursday and the BAD news is I can't get her sedation any earlier...unless we get a last minute call this week and its scheduled for 3:30.   YUCK so she'll start her fast at 9:30 am.  Not sure why we're having such a hard time getting morning appts lately. 
 Family temple trip
Made cookies...this is what happens on Todd's timer:)  Plus entertaning two small children!


Tyson's favorite toy...he loves his ball and chewing on his hands. 

He's really growing up and getting big.  He's already starting to wear some 9 month clothes.  He's got the cutest laugh and we love listening to him coo and talk.  Gracie loves to give him hugs and smother him and then she quickly decides she's done and pushes him away.  But she loves her "tys"

 Gracie's favorite toy...the dishwasher tablets.
\
Tyson enjoying some outside time with us.  He's 4 months tomorrow:)  Hard to believe...but at the same time it's been a long tiring 4 months not because we don't love him to pieces just not enough sleep and too many dr's and other appts. 

We had Thanksgiving dinner just the 4 of us.  Here's my very first turkey.  Todd says it turned out well.  We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yams, homeade rolls a veggie tray and some razzleberry pie and ice cream:)  Not bad  for cooking it myself I thought.   
Gracie and Tyson enjoying each other after Thanksgiving dinner.
e
Watching Frosty onee of Gracie's FAVORITE movies right now along with Horton Hears a Who and she also really likes Barney and Elmo.  Gracie's starting to talk a lot more and we love being able to communicate better with her.  We took her to the park last week and we all loved it...she climbed, went down the slides and had a great time swinging.  A little girl asked her if she wanted to play and she quickly responded "no".  I guess this isolation business is affecting her.  Hard to think what things may have been like if our lives hadn't been affected by cancer...but not much point in doing it so we try not to too much. 
Handsome brother :)

Such a sweet little guy. 

He's starting to like a little time in the jumperoo! 

Mom and Tyson after Thanksgiving dinner.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, little Tyson is looking so much older and more responsive. Looks like your Thanksgiving dinner was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though there are a lot of tender mercies, cancer changes your life forever. I'm sorry you had to find that out so young. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving dinner and I'm sure very grateful to have you all home together. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete