Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello and Goodbye

HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY...
I'm 4 months old and cute as a button...Mom finally had my pictures taken and I look darn cute:)  Yes I was having fun at the park this particular December day...but maybe not as much fun as everyone else!
 I had my 4 month check this last week and I'm super healthy!  Something we are ever so grateful for at this house!  I WEIGHED in at 17 LBS 9 OZ and my HEIGHT was about 27 INCHES.  I'm around the 90-95th percentile for height, weight and head circumference!  Growing strong and getting close to rolling over! Love to be heard and paid attention to...I'm usually making some kind of noise and recently decided it's best if I get up several times every night in hopes that Mom will REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate her sleep someday.   

Lovin' me some park time!  Thank you December sun and decent counts!

This slide is SOOO exciting sometimes I can hardly contain myself... and I burst out with excitement and so do mommy and daddy from watching me!

I believe this was my very first indoor playdate with a friend since APRIL!!  Yep...about 8 months...so well deserved and the perfect combination of fun after such a long wait! 

I really love decorating cookies with lots of green sprinkles:) and also love eating these cookies after so long of not liking sugar during steroids and strong chemos!

My super fun friend Makena, after we decorated cookies we chased each other around and around and around and laughed and had a great time!  We watched frosty, and colored and played instruments too!

My nice soft had our friend from the ward made and dropped off:)

I really am such a good sport about the life we live:)

A cheesy smile just for Mom!

I'm a pretty sweet bundle of joy! 

We went to Cold Stone and I was LOVING it...til someone walked in the door coughing all over the place and we had to go finish our ice cream in the car...then I was REALLY mad when we went home!  I don't get out much if you know what i mean!

Today I conquered!  I finished Interim Maintenance II!  That is my 5th treatment phase this year!  I didn't like going to clinic and screamed when they called my name because i didn't want to go back then I cried and cried when they accessed my port and asked for me coat and asked to go bye-bye but my parents couldn't let me...because I guess all this awful stuff is supposed to save my life even though it breaks their hearts to tell me I have to stay over and over when they want to leave to. 

I'm a trooper too...laying on the table while Dad and sister watch Horton...just hanging out for a few hours at the hospital.

Thank heavens for the angels that brought around cupcakes and activities...a bright spot despite the hard!

And well deserved I think!

Staying entertained with Mom's glasses...gotta do something for 3 hours or so when the machine in the lab breaks and we can't get my chemistries back. 

Clinic Stats
height: 2 ft 11 inches
weight: 15.1 kg (about 33 lbs 4 oz I think)
ANC: 1200
HGB: 11.2
Platelets: over 400,000
Well now comes the goodbye...they say goodbyes and supposed to be hard but this one is long anticipated and nothing but joy for us!  Good bye blog for 2011!  Good bye clinic for this year!  Goodbye first 5 phases of treatment!  We've learned a LOT this year but it has been LONG and HARD!!  Grateful we've finished the worst of it!  And grateful for the blessings we've had!  I'll check back in January for holidays and our first appointment of maintenance January 3rd!  A perfect way to welcome the New Year!!   Merry Christmas to all of you and thank heavens for Christ our Healer. 

2 comments:

  1. I love to see my two favorite munchkins, and my, how they're growing! So grateful that you've come so far this year . . . . we hope that 2012 is better all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Andrea, I'm sure no one deserves the new year more than you. Especially one filled with joy and fun! You guys are the greatest family and examples to us, and your kids are GORGEOUS!!! I am so glad to be your friends!

    ReplyDelete