Gracie SCREAMED and cried while they accessed her port of course she detests it and refused to really even look at the dr and nurses. We didn't even have to do the dressing b/c it was just a count check since she's on study and didn't get chemo through her port. But she's getting older and smarter and knows for sure, absolutely 100% she does not like her port bothered or being even so much as looked at by a dr or nurse. To avoid the awfulness after getting accessed and screaming herself to exhaustion..she fell asleep on mommy's lap while mommy asked the Dr her long list of questions to make sure no tiny detail is missed and everything is done as well as possible to ensure a good, long quality life for her Gracie. (many of the questions courtesy of Dad who is more knowlegeable than Mom on many things). The Dr said they've had several fathers of children who were Dr's and that can be difficult for the Dad's but she thinks being a pharmacist would be the worst because they have a much deeper understanding of the drugs than the Dr's, they understand how they work on a deeper level... I agree. Not that it matters to anyone else reading this...but seriously I think about how much I worry about some of these things and boy I just have to say poor Todd sometimes ignorance is bliss. There is no ignorance for that poor guy when it comes to the drugs he feels responsible to the very core to make sure nothing is missed that could give her a better life. It can be extremely stressful but I'm deep down very grateful for his incredible love for his children and desire to give her a great life.
Clinic Stats
Weight: 33 ish lbs
Height 3'
ANC: 1200
Hemoglobin: 10.3
Platelets: around 300,000
Such great parents! We love you!
ReplyDeletewe haven't texted in a long time. I was telling Randy last night how worried I was about you since we haven't communicated in so long. I continue to pray for you and think of you many times a day. I hope you are enjoying a little help from Grandma.
ReplyDeleteSorry parking was so horrible, I don't like going to the doctor, car issues are the worst, and I hate losing things, so yes, you pretty much had a super sucky day!