This little angel gave us ANOTHER scare...it must be in her nature I'm waiting to find out if it's always going to be her or if Tyson is going to join in on the fun soon. She fell yesterday when we were out playing/walking/running at Pacific on a ramp and I guess it was a little too wet (around 11:30 am). I walked around the corner and found a little relaxation type walkway...odd dont' you think as soon as I started walking the pathway and trying to relax for a few min (somethng I'm terrible at now...surprise surprise) Todd somes around the corner holding a SCREAMING Gracie...she seemed to be in shock. He turned for a second and missed her fall but she must have slid under the side railing and off the ramp (only about a 2 ft fall) and with no real bump on her head that we can see ended up with a concussion. (Thank heavens it was only that) We finally calmed her down and assessed her and everything seemed ok no broken bones etc she had a nap then lunch. And I finally dragged my tired little body off the grocery store (around 4:15 pm). When I was about half through my shopping I get a call....of course she's now vomiting. So for the 2nd time I left my cart and ran as fast as I could out of the store and headed home for another delightful trip to the ER. Thankfully my good friend came to the rescue and was there to watch tyson within about 10 min of getting my call...not far behind me. Let me tell you our 45 min drive to the ER is not a favorite past time for us and gives us plenty of flashbacks of times past. Then of course we got stuck in the tunnel as she's crying and vomiting again. Todd gave her a Priesthood blessing before we left and felt she would be ok once again. I am so incredibly thankful for the power of the Priesthood. We finally made it and in the waiting room she was ok for few min then she started crying and such again we knew she was going to throw up again. We had 4 blankets to catch it with and the filled room seemed to be starting at us. As we waited a family walked out and the mom covered her nose as she walked by and said "ewww gross it smells like vomit, yuck". We called the nursing station after waiting a while and they said they'd send the nurse right out of course we waited for another 5-10 min. Another reason why we HATE weekends at the ER. She was of course fearful the whole time and hated the blood pressure and everything else. The poor girl was constantly covering her port and saying hurt hurt. Makes me so sad she's had so much trauma and she's only 2. We added a CT scan to her enormous list of medical things she's had done at the young age of 2 that her Mother, Father and most adults have never had done. We both sat there watching wishing for once it could be us instead of her. We were able to get some zofran in her and opted for some nasal Versed prior to the CT scan she's proven over and over what a fighter she is and we knew there was no way she's lay still and didn't want to have to redo it and double the radiation and trauma. Thank God it came back negative there was no bleeding and it was just a concussion we came home just after 10 pm and were so glad to be home and not staying another night in the hospital. Todd slept with her just to be safe and said she slept great and woke up and crawled off the bed by hersel and came out to play. May sound normal to most of you with a 2 year old but that's not our sweet Gracie...she's missed a developmental transition or 2 and almost always wakes up crying and waiting for someone to come hold her and comfort her. She's been happy and active today. So glad to have her back to herself again...now add to the list of worries for this Mama dont' let her hit her head again for the next few weeks and try not to make her think to much it might give her a bigger headache:) But she's the sweetest little girl in the whole world and of course we wouldn't trade all the worry in the world for her. I spent the last 3 hours laying with Tyson and playing with him want to make sure I don't miss out on him b/c I'm too busy worrying about Gracie. Of all the worries that have come one thing we have to come to appreciate is the simple joys we experience including singing songs with her and doing This Little Piggy... at the hospital with her last night.
April 28, 2011 our lifes were turned upside down when our sweet Gracie was diagnosed with leukemia. It's been a roller coaster journey and filled with many ups and down, heartache and pain. But along the journey we've seen bright sunshine and flowers. Miracles. God's hand has been made manifest and we have felt His love for us and our children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an ordeal. So glad she is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for another unpleasant experience, but I'm so glad she is doing better. You guys are troopers!
ReplyDeletewow. Your family is truly being blessed! I am sorry of the pain on your little one. I am so glad she is doing better!
ReplyDeleteYou are kidding me! I can't believe how this happens. Every time I start feeling sorry for myself, you remind me how to be tough! You guys are seriously amazing to us!
ReplyDeleteAndrea, you are the most amazing mother. You have *no idea* how much I look up to you. It never stops for you guys, but you never stop being incredible! You inspire me so much to be more thankful for my beautiful children, thankful for the priesthood, thankful for my husband, just thankful for life!!! You are so good at all of that despite all that you guys go through on a daily basis. I will forever thank my Heavenly Father that I know you and am blessed to read your words of strength and wisdom. Keep that beautiful attitude of yours!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing journey you have, Andrea! I'm so sorry about the concussion. We've had some pretty serious injurious, concussions, large gashes, stitches, broken arm. I never considered it par for the course. It was always scary, but its doubly scaring for Gracie.
ReplyDeleteGlad she's ok! I am loving her hair. Don't you just love how soft it is? Carter's is getting back to normal now. I forgot how annoying it is to cut it all the time. :)
ReplyDelete