No I'm not pregnant and thank the high heavens for now:) Todd passed the NAPLEX and that is big news, but it feels even bigger than I ever thought it would! I got the letter in the mail today...of course he's at work so I called and told him! But after I didn't expect the HUGE wave of emotion that came over me. It's real. Is it real? It is real! He graduated with his PharmD, he passed the Naplex and soon I'm sure he will have passed the law test and be a licensed pharmacist. They say the harder you work for something the more it means, I don't think we could have worked any harder than we have and I guess I'm feeling that right now. This last year and a half especially have been bitterly hard, and I thought things would be oh so much easier when we got down here but every day has been a test of my strength as I've tried to keep things under control so he could work and study, study more and go away to take tests as the kids and I sit in this hot, unorganized and dirty house which is now mostly clean:) I can't believe the obstacles that have been ours from the start of this journey. Todd has been in school spring, summer, fall, winter since the day I met him. I can hardly make a list of the things that have tested our stamina and endurance, but today the only thing that matters is that we perservered and we suceeded. I am so incredibly proud of him. The endless days of studying and frustrating rotations as he worried like crazy about the 3 of us whatever we may be doing whether it was cancer related, pregancy related or just normal every day stuff (imagine that). He studied and worked at it and even regularly this last 2 weeks held Gracie in one arm as she watched a movie and he studied for hours.
So proud of him! So proud of our little family! Can't wait for him to come home tonight and not study...almost sounds like a dream not reality. Now if only we can keep the kids from getting injured or something for one day! Gracie got hit in the lip by the swing last night after his law test and was gushing blood! Yikes...she still is not loving eating but doing much better today.
In other news I took the kiddos swimming this week to escape the house/heat and we all enjoyed it even thought it wiped all 3 of us out! Maybe we'll go again next week!
Horray for not being pregnant! I mean, Horray for being done with school and studying! you all will love it! You all are doing amazing and everyone is so proud of your endurance! Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete