I have LOTS of pictures from this weekend...so look at your own risk! I'm sure at least grandma will enjoy...and our family in the future! Just look at that happy face!
Her famous long tongue.
Yikes...family breakfast time. Some of us are better at mornings than others :) Clearly I'm not one of those.
Wearing Mom's sunglasses...of course she wanted them on her head not her eyes.
Our first summer fire in the backyard.
Even though she doesn't like cookies currently or most sweet things she's still toddler enough to know that the best thing for her to do with a box of open cookies is take as many as she can out of the box!
Here's the guilty culprit...no she didn't eat those cookies but she did have her first roasted marshmallow and liked it.
Dad somehow always ends up with this hat on.
I've always loved a good fire and roasted marshmallow. One of the simple pleasure in life.
Believe it or not we still have some friends after being M.I.A for so long. We had Ben and Jodi over for dinner and a fire.
Yes, Jodi somehow manages to suck in every child that sees her. They love her, Gracie included!
A few pop its. The silly girl even snapped one in her fingers and didn't even flinch.
Believe it or not we went to the parade in Hillsboro on the 4th. Gracie really enjoyed being around all the people and we were glad we could take her after being so isolated for a couple months. We did lather on the sunscreen twice though now that she's so sensitive to the sun (due to chemo and the septra she takes every weekend). Another thing we worry about besides our excessive hand washing and germaphobia :)
Queen of the day.
A snack with dad...are you surprised to see her with Dad again?
Gracie's friend Makena and her Mom, we met them at the parade.
Dad got us each flowers before we got into the car and Gracie stole mine to go along with hers...I guess she liked mine better than hers. It was worth it for this smile!
I made Gracie a little rice krispie cake to celebrate it being her last day of consolidation (phase 2) and since it happened to be on the 4th of July we combined. She LOVED the blue stars that's all she wanted. And I don't think she would like cake currently desserts aren't of much interest to her so this was the best I could think of since she likes marshmallows.
Those little lips.
yep...she's a pretty normal toddler and standing on chairs that swivel while holding blue dyed stars is pretty much the best time you could have!
That or attempting to bite a candle...luckily she didn't actually bite it!
We got her a few summer presents to go with her party.
Her famous "I don't know" arms
Dad's will be dads. Yes he kept pouring the freezing cold water on her and she would react so funny and then keept playing. She tenses up and says "ooooohhhhhhhhhh" with her little lips in the shape of an O.
She looks so proud and grown up.
A little Daddy time in the pool.
Our brave girl was sitting in the freezing water, it was almost too cold for me to enjoy putting my feet in but she loved it!
After swimming we went on a walk and lit some flowers and did some more pop its before going out to the fireworks in Banks and parking in our now traditional parking spot with a perfect view and escape to miss the crowds. Although she wasn't that impressed by the fireworks after about 5 min.
Our 4th was PERFECT! I almost forgot about clinic the next day (on purpose), I didn't want anything to put a damper on the day. We had a week off clinic that ended with a 3 day weekend with Dad and lots and lots of fun. Something we were definately due for and won't be seeing much of after this month.
Thank you to my sweet family for the best weekend I could have asked for.
Looks like a nice, fun, cool (relatively :)) holiday weekend. Glad you guys got to enjoy that nice week off.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! You are a total crack up! I think I win the I-hate-mornings award too! You got two years of witnessing me in much worse shape! haha.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many great shots of Gracie. She is so cute!
She is seriously so beautiful I just can't even believe how much fun she is! I love Toddigans in that baby pool, HILARIOUS! We miss and love you guys. I am so glad you had a great weekend! You certainly deserved it!
ReplyDeleteSure enough, this grandma LOVES all the pictures! Let the good times roll.
ReplyDeleteThis aunt loves all of the pictures too. I wish we lived closer so we could see you guys, and help out. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend. It was very much deserved!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds absolutely perfect! Glad you had some happy, normal, family time.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me so happy you still do rice krispy art- I love it! I'm glad you had such a good weekend.
ReplyDelete