Friday, September 23, 2011

yay!

Can you resist that face?  That smile was at clinic this morning!  It was so much better now that the steroids are wearing off.  Actually EVERYTHING is so much better.  She still hated the port access but held pretty still while she cried and screamed.  Other than that part she was pretty darn cute.  She was scaring the nurses...if you've seen her do it you know what I"m talking about if now it's cute.  She puts one hand up and says "Rrrraaaaaa".  And she smiled and blew bubbles and even wanted her temperature taken twice...its' so fun once just isn't enough haha!

Great news!  We went expecting a blood transfusion...and left with NOTHING but a port access and deaccess.  So wonderful!  Even better that means her counts already hit their low point and are on the way back up. 
Clinic stats
Weight 34 1/2 lbs
WBC: 5.8
Platelets: 231,000
ANC: 1100
HGB: 10.8 (up from 8.5 we expected it drop to 7 something)

I'm thinking the angels are surrounding Gracie helping us get through this awful phase as quick as possible.  If she passes counts we only have 2 weeks of the awful chemos...if she doesn't we wait another week to check counts.  It's pretty sure she'll pass b/c she's going back up!  Thank heavens for prayers and answers to prayers! 
Today has been such a GREAT day!  It is almost unbelievable how happy I feel I can't even describe it when she is happy and acting more like herself.  My heart feels like it's jumping watching her blow bubbles, smile, laugh, give hugs and just acting more like herself.  I hate those steroids...you can just tell that it's not her they have so many awful effects.  They're wearing off and we never have to do that high of a dose or that long again!  Yay!  Now to enjoy the rest of my day....and the weekend with a happy Gracie and her sweet brother!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andrea! That is so great! I can't even imagine how you feel. Just probably amazing and you deserve it! We love you all and she is seriously an angel!

    ReplyDelete