Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What's life about?

What is life all about?  This year the Lord won't let me go very long without asking myself this question.  Before I even seem to get somewhat comfortable with anything a wake up call comes screaming in every direction it seems.  Sunday night was one of those.  My heart feels broken every since.  Sunday night around 8 pm the doorbell rang as we were in our nightly mess of trying to get both kids in bed (or down for a million short naps all night long...)  Wait...the doorbell?  We are always terribly curious who is at the door when we aren't expecting anyone it's pretty rare in our continued seeming isolation.  The man and woman asked if we knew the Olsen's somewhat excitedly we both said yeah we're renting from them ( I couldn't help but be excited to talk about them...I just love that family).  Then came the bomb.  They suddenly realized we didn't know what had happened.  So they told us....my dear friend Julie was alone.  Sheldon was missing and Jace was found...drowned.  My heart fell into my feet maybe even lower.  How can that be...How can the sweet Jace that Gracie and I used to swim with every week before they moved for rotations be gone.  Every time I saw him I couldn't believe how handsome, cute and fun he was.  He was just a few months older than Gracie.  Julie was always taking him for fun adventures...we joined on a few with the swimming and went to the childrens museum, had their pictures taken together one day.  Played in their backyard and he slept at our house while they packed to move out of the house we now live in.  It's so unexpected and so tragic, so heartbreaking.  I know we have the gospel and thank the Lord they are sealed together for eternity and will be rejoined after this life FOREVER. But my heart just hurts to think how long she will be missing them in this life.  How quickly life can change.  Julie will forever be one of those women I admire in every single way!  I can't think of a SINGLE thing that she isn't.  She's kind, loving, faith-filled, outgoing, beautiful, and was hands down the best Mom Jace could have EVER even imagined and best wife around.  I believe for the rest of my life in my moments of difficulty I will think of her and draw strength.  I just couldn't not remember this as a life changing experience for our family.   
For anyone interested there is a blog started where you can donate to help her with funeral costs and anything else she needs at this extremely difficult and time for her.  It's http://jaceandsheldon.blogspot.com/ .

My heart just aches for her.  My only comfort is the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge we have that they will be together forever in the eternities and that our Savior Jesus Christ has suffered all things and has fully felt the depths of the pain she is experiencing.  And knowing that Julie is a woman that knows that.  We love you Julie, Jace and Sheldon and always will.  Thanks for the beautiful times we shared together.  What a blessing to have known Jace and Sheldon and to share a friendship with Julie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment